This is your hands-on guide to designing, building, and operating an API Marketplace to allow your organization to expose internal services and customer data securely for use by external developers. The book shows the mutual nature of a relationship in which organizations benefit from revenue and the reach of a new digital channel and third-party developers benefit from leveraging APIs to build unique applications.
An API Marketplace presents a unique challenge as organizations have to share internal capability and customer data with external developers. Security practices and industry standards are contrasted and discussed in this book. Practical approaches are provided to build and support a third-party developer ecosystem, manage sandbox environments hosting APIs of varying complexities, and cover monetization strategies that are yielding positive results to achieve self-sustainability.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the motivation and objectives for an API economy
- Build key technical components of an API platform
- Comply with regulatory requirements such as Open Banking
- Secure APIs and customer data from external attack
- Deliver APIs quickly while satisfying governance requirements
- Get insight into a real-world API Marketplace implementation
Who This Book Is For
Solution architects, API product owners, delivery and development leads, and developers; anyone developing APIs for consumption by external business partners; API developers who want more insight into regulatory compliance