Bioenhancements of cereal and dairy compositions can play an important role in healthy diets. The latest addition to the new Food Biotechnology and Engineering series, Bioenhancement and Fortification of Foods for a Healthy Diet covers the technological and nutritional aspects of the compositions of cereals, dairy products, vegetables, and fruits. The book demonstrates real developments in food technology and reviews current knowledge in the biotechnological processing and bioenhancement of food.
- Promotes the use of iron-containing nanoadditive in bakery and confectionary
- Explains the use of food additives for enrichment of butter mixtures
- Covers the use of artichoke powder and buckwheat bran in diabetic bakery products
- Describes the use of milk proteins in the technology of bakery products
- Proposes the use of spice compositions for sour milk products
Organized in five parts, Bioenhancement and Fortification of Foods for a Healthy Diet addresses bakery and confectionery products, technologies for cereals enhancement, technologies for dairy products enhancement, food supplements, and finally, new technology processes. The book is an aide to food scientists and engineers contributing to the development of high-quality food products.