Comprehensive Resource for Current Ideas and Strategies for the Synthesis and Characterization of Advanced Collagen-Derived Materials
This book presents and summarizes new synthetic strategies and multi-functional applications of collagen-derived materials in electrochemical energy storage and conversion. Through easily-comprehensible illustrations and images, the book presents basic knowledge for collagen-derived materials (including gelatin and collagen-derived carbons) and their typical synthesis and applications, thus enabling students and new researchers to obtain a thorough understanding of different materials and corresponding application areas.
This book also serves as an important reference book for scientists and engineers in different research fields. It presents the up-to-date ideas and strategies for the synthesis and characterization of advanced collagen-derived materials, as well as multi-functional applications (especially in energy-related areas). Sample topics covered within the book include:
- Structural compositions, properties, and extraction of collagen and gelatin
- Precursors, structural compositions, and synthesis of collagen-derived carbons
- Applications of collagen-derived materials in electrochemical energy storage and conversion
- Applications of collagen-derived materials as electrode and supporting materials in the electrochemical energy storage and conversion systems, including capacitors, batteries, and electrocatalysts
- Challenges and opportunities for the design and synthesis of different collagen-derived materials
For electrochemists, materials scientists, chemical engineers and students in related programs of study who are interested in the topic of collagen-derived materials, Collagen-Derived Materials: Synthesis and Applications in Electrochemical Energy Storage and Conversion serves as an important resource for gaining a holistic understanding of the field and learning about the state of the art based on promising energy-related applications.