To reduce the emissions of greenhouse gasses and maintain environmental sustainability, electric vehicles play a vital role in a modern energy-efficient environment. Permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSMs) are widely employed in electric vehicle technology due to their high dynamic response, better torque-speed characteristics, noiseless operation, high power density, high efficiency and power factor as compared to other conventional motor drives. This book demonstrates the development of various control strategies and illustrates the dynamic performance intensification of a PMSM drive. To ensure the faster dynamic behaviour and flexibility in control under various operating conditions, the performance of a PMSM drive has been explained. Finally, control strategies have been executed through mathematical modelling and illustration of several case studies for optimal operation.
- Introduces performance indicators in a self-controlled PMSM machine to justify the dynamic behaviour
- Discusses comparative performance study and optimization of the drive performance
- Provides a detailed comparative performance analysis between classical and fuzzy logic controllers in a PMSM drive
- Includes illustrations and case studies using mathematical modelling and real-time test results
- Discusses the state of the art in solar-powered energy-efficient PMSM drives with various issues
This book is aimed at researchers, graduate students and libraries in electrical engineering with specialization in electric vehicles.