This book provides an overview of crude oil refining processes and presents a deep analysis of the current context and challenges imposed on players in the downstream industry. Crude Oil Refining: A Simplified Approach covers traditional processes of the refining industry, the impact of current trends, and technological routes available to help these players survive in a highly competitive environment.
- Offers a simplified approach to crude oil refining processes
- Discusses economic information related to the downstream business, including refining margins and profitability
- Introduces newer trends in the industry, such as petrochemical integration, crude-to-chemicals refineries, and renewables coprocessing in crude oil refineries
- Presents the challenges related to these new trends and offers technological solutions to overcome them for profitable and sustainable operations
- Describes how the use of biofuels can minimize the environmental impact of transportation fuel in nations of high demand like Brazil
Offering a contemporary view of current challenges and opportunities in the downstream oil and gas business, this practical book is aimed at readers working in the fields of petroleum and chemical engineering.