Enzymes in the Valorization of Waste: Next-Gen Technological Advances for Sustainable Development of Enzyme-based Biorefinery focusses on key enzymeswhich are involved in the development of integrated biorefinery. It highlights themodern next-gentechnologies for promoting the application of sustainable andgreener enzymatic steps at industrial scale for the development of futuristic and self-sustainable"consolidated/integrated biorefinery/enzyme-basedbiorefinery." It alsodeals with technological advancement for improvement of enzyme yield or specificity,conversion capability, such as protein and metabolic engineering and advances innext generation technologies, and so forth.
• Explores all modern-day technologies that can potentially be used in enzyme-based biorefinery conversion of wastes to value-added products.
• Covers technological, economic, and environmental assessments of enzyme-based biorefinery prospects.
• Deliberates all possible products that can be generated from wastes including biofuel and essential chemicals.
• Illustrates techniques for enhanced yield and properties to be used in various industrial applications.
• Reviews advanced information of relevant sources and mechanism of enzymes.
This book is aimed at graduate students, researchers and related industry professionals in biochemical engineering, environmental science, wastewater treatment, biotechnology, applied microbiology, biomass-based biorefinery, biochemistry, green chemistry, sustainable development, waste treatment, enzymology, microbial biotechnology, and waste valorization.