Part of the renowned Braunwald family of references, Hypertension: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease provides today’s clinicians with clear, authoritative guidance on every aspect of managing and treating patients who suffer from hypertensive disorders. An invaluable resource for cardiologists, endocrinologists, and nephrologists, this one-stop reference covers all the latest developments from basic science to clinical trials and guidelines related to the treatment of common to complex hypertension. Now fully updated from cover to cover, the 4th Edition offers unparalleled coverage of hypertension in an accessible and user-friendly manner.
- Thoroughly covers new treatment guidelines related to recent research and the latest physiologic understanding for a wide range of patients with hypertension and related co-morbidities.
- Includes new chapters on Hypertension in Women, Mineralocorticoid Receptor Antagonists, Exercise and Hypertension, and Telemedicine/Digital Health.
- Contains new or expanded content on epidemiology, pathophysiology, immunology, clinical findings, laboratory testing, invasive and non-invasive testing, risk stratification, clinical decision-making, prognosis, and management.
- Provides new chapter summaries and a new focus on clinical and actionable content using a streamlined, narrative format.
- Covers behavior management and prevention as an integral part of hypertensive and pre-hypertensive treatment plans.
- Highlights combination drug therapies and management of chronic complications of hypertension.
- Offers expert guidance from worldwide experts in cardiology, endocrinology, and nephrology, and integrates the most recent guidelines from leading organizations around the world.