Provides the basic laboratory skills and knowledge to pursue a career in biotechnology. Written by four biotechnology instructors with over 20 years of teaching experience, it incorporates instruction, exercises, and laboratory activities that the authors have been using and perfecting for years. These exercises and activities help students understand the fundamentals of working in a biotechnology laboratory. Building skills through an organized and systematic presentation of materials, procedures, and tasks, the manual explores overarching themes that relate to all biotechnology workplaces including forensic, clinical, quality control, environmental, and other testing laboratories.
• Provides clear instructions and step-by-step exercises to make learning the material easier for students.
• Emphasizes fundamental laboratory skills that prepare students for the industry.
• Builds students’ skills through an organized and systematic presentation of materials, procedures, and tasks.
• Updates reflect recent innovations and regulatory requirements to ensure students stay up to date.
• Supplies skills suitable for careers in forensic, clinical, quality control, environmental, and other testing laboratories.