Use a simple programming model and the .NET language of your choice to build large distributed systems. This book teaches you the Microsoft Orleans framework.
Even well-versed professional software developers with expertise in C# (or another language) find themselves unequipped to meet the challenges of distributed systems as infrastructure moves to multi-core; multiple computers are being used for scale, redundancy, and cloud computing; and multi-region deployment is taking place.
Orleans handles many of the concerns of distributed computing and cloud infrastructure, allowing you to concentrate on writing application logic.
What You Will Learn
- Know the key concepts for building distributed systems
- Gain a background in the origin and evolution of Orleans, and why it is important for your projects
- Dive into each of the features available in Orleans by building an example application
- Develop troubleshooting skills for fixing bugs and running diagnostics
- Achieve performance optimization and advanced configuration
- Use the Orleans Dashboard to discern valuable insight in system performance
Who This Book Is For
Experienced C# developers who want to build a new high-scale application (perhaps for an IoT requirement) and are interested in learning the concepts and features available in Orleans