This volume brings together selected and extended papers representative of work presented at the 8th IPMA Research Conference, which was held online between 9th and 11th September 2020. It explores the topics of project, programme and portfolio management, and self-organizing in and through projects.
Offering international and multidisciplinary perspectives, this book answers questions such as:
- What is the impact of self-organization on organizational structures, processes, cultures and leadership?
- How can we define the transformative power of self-organization?
- What is the motivation of individuals to perform activities, to engage with others and organizations in order to get things done?
- Which kinds of leadership best support self-organizing in projects?
- What have disciplines like natural science, psychology, philosophy, sociology and management to offer in this respect?
- What are the cultural limitations and potentials regarding self-organization in projects and how do we deal with them?
Research on Project, Programme and Portfolio Management is a valuable resource for all researchers and project management professionals interested in autonomous working and self-organizing.