This book provides an overview of the different aspects of microbial bioconversion methodologies for valorization of underutilized wastes of varied nature. It covers microbiological/biotechnological aspects, environmental concerns, bioprocess development, scale-up aspects, challenges, and opportunities in microbial valorization at commercial scale. It explains sustainable microbiological processes for bioconversion and valorization of the wastes for production of various products of commercial interests, including biofuels, bioenergy, and other platform chemicals.
• presents potential biotechnological topics and strategies for the valuation of agricultural waste materials;
• provides technical concepts on the production of various commercially significant bioproducts;
• introduces various microbial bioprocesses to sustainably valorize various potential wastes as renewable feedstocks for production of biofuels and biochemicals;
• explores the relevant scale-up opportunities, commercialization aspects, and critical technological advances; and
• explains concepts and recent trends in life cycle analyses in waste valorization.
It is aimed at researchers and graduate students in bioengineering, biochemical engineering, microbial technology/microbiology, environmental engineering, and biotechnology.