Break down the art and science of Salesforce consulting. This book will help you refine your consulting skills on the Salesforce platform. Author Heather Negley, a seasoned consultant who has completed over 30 Salesforce delivery projects in the past nine years, equips Salesforce professionals with detailed explanations on the stages of a project and the skills you need for each stage. You will learn the type of roles on a project, so that you can plan your career path.
If you need help managing clients, this book teaches you how to effectively work with and advise people. You will go through the following main sections to round out your skills and service offerings:
- The best learning and community resources, including mentoring programs
- Tips on how to get job experience
- The evolution of software development
- Project roles
- The parts of a project
- Consulting skills
The consulting skills section of the book breaks down each skill and explains the parts of the project to which you should apply your skills and real-world examples. Topics include client management, communication, emotional intelligence, critical thinking, and avoiding cognitive biases.
What You Will Learn
- Identify patterns in your projects through archetype identification
- Watch out for specific risks common to project types
- Choose the best consulting tool from your toolbox, depending on the problem that you encounter
Who This Book Is For
People who work as Salesforce administrators for their industry and want to make a move into consulting. It is an excellent choice for someone who is interested in project work and likes to work with people to help them make decisions.